Be part of Canada’s largest penny drive: collect pennies to provide clean water for Free The Children’s Adopt a Village communities.
What is We Act?
We Act is a full-year engagement program and support system for youth, schools, individuals, families and companies to turn inspiration into action. We Act goes hand-in-hand with We Day. It’s a highly measurable, highly impactful service learning program!
We Act provides:
- Service campaigns addressing various local and global issues accompanied by pre-packaged resources and supported by social media.
- Educational resources. Built as issues-based modules, lesson plans can be easily implemented into classrooms, after-school programs, and family learning.
- Action kits designed to provide tangible steps to take action on the issues youth and families care most about.
- Online resources. The ultimate resource for youth, educators and families alike, WeDay.com is a one stop shop for discovering one’s passion, learning about issues and taking action on ANY cause.
- Social media. Youth connect online around the issues they care about and the actions they take. Since the We Day page launched on Facebook it has grown exponentially to almost 2.4M followers
- Support staff. Full-time coordinator available to support and mentor youth, educators, individuals , families and companies online or via phone.
We Act Specialized Programs
- We Act also provides a series of specialized programs offered to select audiences, as determined by sponsors and community partners. These enhanced components include:
- Outreach speeches: Issues-based speaking tours delivered in schools by Free The Children’s trained motivational youth speakers.
- In-school action planning workshops for student ambassadors to build leadership skills and help participants develop their year-long action plans.
- Leadership Camps. Leadership and service learning camps, designed to give youth the skills, confidence and peer support to improve not only themselves, but their world.
- Youth mentorship summits: A day-long summit where participating youth connect and share their experiences and challenges as they work towards their We Act commitments. Through facilitated collaboration they will be supported in strengthening their action plans to take back to their schools and communities.
- Educator Development. Professional development sessions for educators provide the opportunity to explore new resources, heighten student engagement, network with colleagues and discuss effective models for supporting students on their journey to creating change.
- We Day. Students earn their way into a day of inspiration, education and celebration aimed at empowering a generation of youth to create change in the world.