Be part of Canada’s largest penny drive: collect pennies to provide clean water for Free The Children’s Adopt a Village communities.
We Day Saskatchewan Lineup Announced
Free The Children is thrilled to be able bring the hottest line-up of We Day speakers and performers to Saskatchewan during the coldest season! And we’re excited to share the list with you!
Craig Kielburger announced the line-up this morning at St. Joseph’s High School in Saskatoon to an energetic group of students from across the region. Also present were Luke Bilyk and Aislinn Paul from hit television series Degrassi, as well as Lee Knafelc, Vice President of Human Resources and Administration for Regional Title Sponsor PotashCorp.
“The calibre of talent scheduled to appear at Saskatchewan’s first We Day is exceptional,” said Lee Knafelc. “We’re proud to bring We Day to Saskatchewan’s youth and help inspire a new generation of leaders to ‘Be The Change’ here at home and around the world.”
A little over a month from today, on February 27th, 2013, 15,000 student leaders and educators will come together at the Credit Union Centre in Saskatoon to celebrate social change.
Featuring international activists and founders of Free The Children, Craig and Marc Kielburger, and hosted by recording artist and TV personality Jesse Giddings, We Day Saskatchewan’s speakers and performers will include (drum roll please!):
- Martin Sheen – Emmy and Golden Globe Award winning actor and activist
- Hedley – Multi-platinum, JUNO and MMVA Award winning recording artists
- Mia Farrow – Award winning actress and activist
- Luke Bilyk and Aislinn Paul – Cast members from DEGRASSI
- Shawn Desman – Platinum-selling, JUNO and MMVA Award-winning recording artist
- Karl Wolf – International recording artist, Socan & MTV Europe Music Award winner
- Jake Zeldin – 13-year-old Toronto rapper who goes by “Lil JaXe”
- A performance by ONE DROP, a Cirque du Soleil Founder’s initiative
- Craig and Marc Kielburger – founders of Free The Children
- Molly Burke – Me to We motivational speaker
- Robin Wiszowaty – Author and Free The Children’s Kenya Program Director
- Jesse Giddings – Recording artist, TV personality and host of We Day Saskatchewan
To discover more about these incredible speakers and for more We Day details, visit www.weday.com/saskatchewan.
We Day is free of charge to the thousands of students and educators in attendance, thanks to the generous support of sponsors led by National Co-Title Sponsors RBC and TELUS. We Day is brought to Saskatchewan by Regional Title Sponsor PotashCorp. Young people earn their way into the event by committing to take action on at least one local and one global issue through Free The Children’s year long engagement programs. Learn more at www.freethechildren.com/weschools